We had a large and enthusiastic crowd for the Accelerent/Benefit Commerce Group Breakfast Event on Thursday, April 11th.
Benefit Commerce Group is proud to be the Title Sponsor of the Phoenix division of Accelerent. Accelerent is a business development organization that works to bring companies together to build strategic business relationships.
As Title Sponsor, Benefit Commerce Group promotes Accelerent within the local business community, assists in identifying and recruiting other partners and facilitates introductions to business leaders.
Our President, Chris Hogan, explained some of the healthcare concepts that are being discussed as topics for the 2020 elections, including “Medicare For All.” He pointed out the math on the medical provider side that makes this an unworkable utopian idea. He also showed results of a recent poll that indicated the public’s views of Medicare For All shifted significantly to the negative side when they heard the impact this program would have on taxes, the Medicare program and delays in treatments.
Guest speaker, Jay Rifenbary, President of Rifenbary Training & Development, explained his “No Excuse!” concept to using your Core Values to drive honesty, integrity and accountability. He also provided insights into understanding what “success” really is. Here are a few main points Jay made:
- Vulnerability + Humility + Transparency = Authenticity
- Authenticity builds trust.
- What defines your character is how you treat others, no matter what you have.
- The best gift you can give others is the belief and confidence that they can be better than they are today.
- Don’t wake up hoping for a better past. Quit using the past as an excuse, be accountable for what you are today, and focus on being better in the future.
- Ask yourself three question to help identify your values and define your life:
- What would you like to be remembered for personally and professionally?
- Why do people follow you?
- How do you inspire others?
Jay’s International Best-Seller is “No Excuse! – Incorporating Core Values, Accountability and Balance into Your Life and Career.” His most recent releases include “True to Your Core – Common Sense Values for Living Life to its Fullest” & “Return To Your Core – Principles For a Purposeful and Respected Life.”
Jay ended his presentation with a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson on “Success”:
What is Success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by
a healthy child, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed
easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
The next Accelerent/Benefit Commerce Group Breakfast Event will be Thursday, June 13th, with guest speaker, Amelia Rose Earhart.
- Amelia is an American pilot who in 2013 started the Fly With Amelia Foundation, which grants flight scholarships to girls aged 16–18.
- In the spirit of her namesake, Amelia Mary Earhart, she circumnavigated the globe in a single-engine airplane.
- As a speaker, she focuses on inspiring others that “anything is possible with a solid flight plan.”
NOTE: Accelerent events are held on an invitation-only basis.