The Affordable Care Act (ACA) created a whole lot of new requirements and reporting, including the annual 1095 tax forms for individuals and the 1094 reporting for employers and insurers.
Even though these forms have been around for a few years now, there are still employees that don’t fully understand the forms. In addition, there is considerable confusion about the Individual Mandate, which was still in effect for 2018.
To help our employer clients, Benefit Commerce Group annually provides material that helps our clients communicate with their employees about the 1095 forms. Requirements are different, base don whether the employer is large (50 or more full-time employees) or small and whether its medical plan is fully insured or self funded/level funded.
We are committed to making this as easy as possible for our clients, so we create multiple communication pieces and provide those that apply to each situation to our clients. This way they don’t have to wade through more information than necessary to be able to utilize the materials that are right for them.
Last week, we sent an email to each of our clients, including:
- Reminder for the employer on distribution and filing deadlines
- Link to a short Brainshark PPT presentation providing employers with an overview
- Link to a short Brainshark PPT that clients can provide to their employees (Here is a LINK to that presentation)
- Employee email/letter template messages to explain the types of 1095 forms they may be receiving this year
- Bulletin board poster template
- FAQ list
Our purpose throughout the whole year is to deliver targeted communication to our clients that focuses on what they need to do, what they need to know.
Contact us if you would like more information about our client communications or our employee benefit strategies.