We are pleased to announce that Benefit Commerce Group is a proud sponsor of the Silent Auction for this year’s Fiesta de los Bomberos.
The Fiesta, which runs from September 19-21, is a fundraiser for the Greater Tucson Fire Foundation (GTFF), a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization that was formed back in 2010 to assess and respond to the unmet health and safety needs of the more than 1,800 firefighters currently serving throughout Southern Arizona. The GTFF shares 20 percent of the net proceeds with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
This is the 13th Annual Fiesta de los Bomberos – Feast & Fairways Event. The schedule at the J. W. Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa and the Arnold Palmer-designed Starr Pass Golf Course in Tucson, AZ, is:
- Firefighter Health & Safety Seminar (Thursday, September 19th)
- Benefit Dinner & Live/Silent Auction (Friday, September 20th)
- 27-hole Golf Tournament (Saturday, September 21st)
The focus of the entire three days is on reducing the number of firefighter line-of-duty deaths (LODD) and injuries with emphasis on heart attacks, cancer, and firefighter suicides.
- More than half of on-duty firefighter deaths are due to cardiac-related issues.
- Cancer is on the rise and expected to overtake cardiac health as the major cause of firefighter deaths.
- In the coming year, the number of firefighters who take their own lives will be greater than the number killed fighting fires.
This event helps provide firefighters and their families with the financial, physical, and mental health support they need. BCG is proud to support this group!